These past few weeks have been eventful and not so eventful at the same time...here is a summary of the past few weeks and hopefully the start of more regular postings...
Roberta (my best Italian friend) came to visit me from the 22nd-25th of September. It was a very quick and lovely reunion. Roberta REALLY wanted to get out of Sicily and it was so nice that she would come and visit me here in Bayonne. At first I was worried since she is a bit shy to speak English or French (both of which she knows a bit of) and Selim speaks minimal Italian. So you can imagine communication was going to be an issue. It turned out rather funny and frustrating (for Selim) if I may say so. With Roberta there within a few hours I was speaking Italian again like old times...except sometimes I would form a sentence with French, Spanish, English and Italian all together...which was a bit confusing for everyone present. The frustrating part was most likely at meals when I would look Selim straight in the eyes and speak to him in Italian, fully convinced that either he understood everything I was saying or that I was speaking to him in French. He was a good sport about it tho... he would let me go on and on until i finished and he would politely tell me "you just said everything in Italian, i didn't understand anything"....ooops. Anyway... the three of us had a really nice time together. I was happy the Roberta could meet Selim and the same that he could meet Roberta. They got along very well and became friends as well in the short time she was here.
It was nice to see my old friend after such a long time apart. To catch up, to girl talk, and mostly just to be near someone who is so important in my life.
After she left it was back to business...Selim and I put up signs all round Bayonne to tell people that I am available to give private English lessons. I also posted on all the "Craigs List" of France about the same type of lessons. The response was not as big as I would have liked but I did have a few people who called who were really interested in lessons... unfortunately most of them were out of the area so i would have to spend 3 hours traveling and waiting for one hour of lessons and more importantly only one hour of PAYMENT sooo... yeah.
I got my resume translated and wrote my cover letter in French with Selim's help. His mom is now revising for us and we will start posting as soon as we get the thumbs up!
We threw a dinner party last week Thursday. Selim invited four of his friends over to our place for dinner and so the planning began. I decided the menu would be Italian themed and it formed from there... It turned out really nice. Everyone loved the food and the decor and so it was a complete success...the next day was a lazy day. I was exhausted and took time off to relax.
The weather here is still like summer...although it does get cold at night and is not warm till about 11 or so in the morning but from 11-5 its warm and in the sun its perfect. I really cant complain and force my self to get out and enjoy the sun.
Hey I'm a french speaking guy looking to learn italian. If you are interested drop me a mail or call me at zero six 46536483
ReplyDeleteJe suis à biarritz
A+
Pierre