Sunday has now been named "Sunday, Adventure-day". We seem to be able to fit in a little adventure of sorts in the early afternoon till the evening...
Last Sunday we went to the mountains in Spain and this week we went to a new area along the cost of France that we've never visited...That morning we were discussing what type of day we wanted to have. I wanted to go to the beach and he wanted to go for a hike or somewhere his dog could go with us. So we ended up doing both...
We ended up in this area...map if you zoom in on the "B" we stayed on the small cove like beach. There is no name for the beach because it is rather small and has no life guards on duty at any time. So i guess you could call it a private beach... but you don't have to pay to go there. One thing they should put on the entrance to the beach is "bathing suit optional". At first I didn't notice anything, as I was preoccupied with trying to find a good spot for us to lay with the dog...but you can imagine my surprise when we sat down to eat lunch and I saw a COMPLETELY NUDE man and woman coming out of the water... JAW DROP!
Ok after the initial shock I thought I was going to be fine...God gave us these bodies..everyone knows what a body looks like... its natural. I mean even on the other beaches I've been to here all the girls have their tops off anyway so I mean it was not that different to what I'm kinda use to. WAIT... what am I saying... it was completely different still. Well Selim and Sarko (his dog) went to go for a snorkel/swim while I finished eating and told them I would walk over and meet them when I was done. So I finished, took my flippers and walked along the beach toward where they were close to shore. OOOOMMMMMGGGGG! naked man after naked man after naked man. I've never seen so MUCH penis in my entire life! Which I must say was much more shocking to see than the much more familiar naked women bodies.
So we had a nice snorkel and eventually made it back to our towels...via the water (thank the lord) we were able to dodge all the balls on the beach. lol. hahahahhaha. So we were enjoying the sun (clothed in our bathing suits, thank you very much) and it was really nice. I kept thinking in my head "its September! and I'm getting a tan!" ahhhhhhhhhh!
Anyway it wasn't until later that I had to explain to Selim that its often a joke in the US that almost everyone has a "crazy uncle". I had to explain this idea/ phrase to him because I kept calling this guy on the beach "a crazy uncle". Why? well just picture this in your mind. A nice family, spending time together on the beach. Probably four adults and about six children more or less. The kids ages were most likely form 9-16 or so. OK so now you probably have this nice visual in your head right? Ah ok... now just strip one of the men BUTT NAKED and put him in the middle this nice family picture...enter "the crazy uncle" of the group. But what made it continually weird was that we would do strange things like play paddle ball NAKED, snorkel NAKED, tickle one of the girls NAKED. It was all rather REALLY strange. On that note, we decided to leave the strange naked beach and its crazy uncle and go for a hike.
It was about a ten min walk back to the car through a path which was parallel the coast. As we strolled along this path Selim found fresh bay leaves! We took some branches to dry at home. Among other things we found were wild black berries! YUM!
When we made it back to the car we took the path which continued on past the parking lot we were in. It led us up a hill and around a corner to another beautiful cove like beach, a bit larger and not as beautiful. (if you zoomed in to the map above, its the beach to the left of the"B"). The sun had just started to come down and was bouncing off the sea it made it quite difficult to get some pictures or really enjoy the view. But it was still majestic and really fun to discover!
When we got home I made a simple dinner focused around my craving for "Tonio's garlic bread". We had pasta with arabiata sauce, salad and the garlic bread. It was all delicious and i passed out directly after that.
This morning is nothing special but our sink in the kitchen has been clogging the past couple of days. While i was cleaning dishes it REALLY was not draining this am...so i couldn't even finish the dishes from last night since the sink was full of dirty water. In the middle of writing this entry i went to go get something to drink and found a trail of water form the sink to just under the fridge...I cleaned what i could and put some pots under the leaks in our pipes and am now just waiting for Selim to come home and figure the rest out... where is MY uncle when i need him. lol.
all for now
No comments:
Post a Comment