Sunday, September 19, 2010

From tourist to tour guide and other exciting advancements...

Things are continually taking shape here! Its getting more exciting and real...

Developments:
*I have a phone! which means i have a phone number! I kind of forgot how liberating it is to have a phone of my own.  I have a "plan" in which i am able to txt within France unlimited and call people for 44 min/month.  Its exciting.  The few people i know here i have txt to let them know I'm in the technological age and it was exciting to communicate with them on my own, at my own will, etc.  Its also nice because Selim can just shoot me a txt if hes going to be late... or for me to let him know something while he is working.  Its a whole new development in this living in France thing...

This phone also means that I can hopefully start to make some money by having potential students to tutor call me! The poster I have made to collect these students will be going up tomorrow and I'm hoping for at least one student a day... or 5 students a week.  Any type of combination like that is ideal. To make some pocket money/ keep me busy while I look for something more legit.(its all very exciting)!!!!

*I made a friend! Unfortunately not one which lives in France but a friend non the less! She is from Holland and was in town visiting one of Selim's good friends.  It was really nice to have some female company and have some girl talk.  Thursday night we as a group went to Spain to have a nice evening of TAPAS, CERVEZAS(beer) and DANCING.  The place we went to is called San Sebastian and is often the place we go to make a real party... check out where is is and what the city looks like here: map and for the foodies (aka my mother) enjoy the video.Anyway San Sebastian, be it for the food, drinks, beach or over all Spanish culture is a great place to have near by!

We all had a nice evening together. Moenira and i made a date to do some sight seeing while our boys we working for the next day.  We met up and i took her on a nice tour of Biarritz, which is a must see if you come to Bayonne.  So although the weather was not the best, a bit of an over cast, the wind was almost unnoticeable even next to the ocean and with the good company we had a nice day together. Lunch at a cafe to milk our hangover from Spain and a cappuccino for extra energy  and we were ready to continue our touring. 

When the afternoon was over I told her just to give me a call if they wanted to do anything for the evening... dinner, drinks, going out etc.  By the time i got the message I was in the middle of making dinner and suggested that they just come over and eat with us.  Selim was a great sport and helped out in putting a bit of order in the apartment, setting some mood lighting, music and incense. When they arrived it was perfect timing and we had a nice dinner of rice, tomatoes with cilantro and evoo, green beans with garlic, honey and almonds and finally honey-almond encrusted salmon.  OH and i almost forgot the MOST important part... 2 bottles of wine and a bottle of ASTI! not martini rossi asti... but asti non the less.  It was a nice evening of having company over and hosting.  When the bottles were finished we said our good byes and finished our night.

So those are 2 exciting updates at the moment.

Today is Sunday and im hoping that the sky will stay clear of clouds so it will be sunny.  No exact plans yet, but im hoping for a discover, adventure/ beach day! yay

No comments:

Post a Comment